Sitara processors – Industrial communication
TI's Sitara Arm? processors feature a unique?peripheral, the Programmable-Real time Unit Industrial Communications Subsystem?(PRU-ICSS), which eliminates the need for an external?ASIC or FPGA by enabling the integration?of real-time industrial Ethernet and Fieldbus protocols.
Ethernet, Fieldbus, encoder and?redundancy protocols are available for the PRU-ICSS, including certified?solutions for EtherCAT, Profibus, Profinet and others.?The PRU-ICSS supports multiple protocols?on the same hardware using firmware supplied by TI through the?industrial software packages and?stacks from industry partners.
Enable multiple industrial protocols on one platform through TI’s PRU-ICSS
PRU-ICSS is integrated across the Sitara portfolio from single to multicore Arm? Cortex?-A processors
Reduce space and cost
The integrated PRU-ICSS can be used to replace an external communications ASIC or FPGA to free up space and reduce cost
What is PRU-ICSS?
PRU-ICSS (Programmable Real-Time Unit?Industrial Communication Subsystem) is a subsystem containing Programmable?Real-Time (PRU) cores which run Ethernet and Fieldbus protocols. PRU cores are?mainly used for industrial communication, but can also be used for general?purpose applications.
- Support for multiple protocols on one platform:
- PROFIBUS, PROFINET (RT/IRT), SERCOS-III, Ethernet/IP (with DLR), POWERLINK, EtherCAT, CC-Link IE Field Basic and others
- Master and Slave protocols
- Redundancy protocols such as HSR & PRP
- Encoder protocols such as BiSS C, EnDAT 2.2, Tamagawa and HIPERFACE DSL
- Standard 10/100Mb Ethernet
- Fully tested, certified, and supported?solutions
- Protocol-specific software available from?TI’s industrial software?package
- General-purpose software available from?Processor SDK
See devices supporting the PRU-ICSS.
|Software package||Applicable devices|
|PRU-ICSS Industrial Software||AM335x, AM437x, AM57x, 66AK2Gx, AMIC110|
EtherCAT? is among the leading industrial Ethernet communication standards. We offer integrated EtherCAT slave and master capability on Sitara processors that target industrial I/O, sensor, PLC and HMI systems.
EtherNet/IP? has dominated IT networking for the past three decades. Our comprehensive product, support and developer community greatly simplifies EtherNet/IP integration and can reduce system costs.